The Technology Department is responsible for:
- Maintenance & configuration of the District's 646 computers, 487 laptops, 1454 Chromebooks, 60 iPads and 25 servers
- Maintenance & configuration of the District's phone system and centralized voice mail including all 141 extensions and all District cell phones.
- Maintenance & configuration of the 1300+ student and staff accounts with online backed up storage, and 222 staff email accounts.
- Application & documentation for the E-Rate Federal Program
- Application, implementation, & documentation of the various technology grant programs.
- Development, coordination, & implementation of the District Long Range Technology Plan and Authorized Use Policies.
- Application, coordination, & implementation of various technology grants.
- Maintenance of the District Web Site and email communications systems including filtering and archiving
- Maintenance of the District Internet usage through web filtering for CIPA compliance, and bandwidth modulation for educational program prioritization, distance learning
& configuration of 40+ software packages for use on Microsoft
Windows server operating systems and Microsoft Windows desktop operating
systems and Chromebook management
- Training and/or coordination of training on all District software packages for teachers & staff.